Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What a weekend!

so that House warming party I was so excited about....it was actually a surprise anniversary party for my parents (we did it a tad early) who will be together for 30 years come September 12. Isn't that amazing?! 30 years! They have 10 children, a wonderful home and great friends and family to show for those 30 years. They are so accomplished and full of love and giving. I just don't' know how they do it sometimes. So we wanted to do something wonderful.... so Deborah suggested a party and off we went.

My dear mother who is constantly going going going put us through a few loops over the few months we were planning. Always trying to go out of town or do something that would interfere with the party or that weekend. It's comical to think of now actually.

So Friday Deborah, Tyler and little cuteness came from a long trip from Idaho. Deborah and I hit the store to get a picture of our parents wedding blown up for them.....that was interesting in its self. While a few of my sibs and a good friend helped do stuff at home. Then it was rush rush rush as people started arriving. We had a good turn out about 30 all together and my parents were surprised. Mom cried (which is always fun right. hehe) and dad was smiley.

As part of the gift we had secretly gotten all the kids clothes and good stuff to the house in bits and pieces so they could spend the night. So we sent our parents home to a night and day with no children. Can you imagine how quiet that house was?! :) Ours was not. ha with 8 yes 8 kids all under the age of 7 and two preggers in the house........it was interesting to say the least. :) I'm glad Brian, Tyler, Rina and Beck were there to help! Mom and Dad spent the whole day doing all grown up stuff.....like shopping for things that don't involve diapers or sippy cups and having lunch and what not. I hope they enjoyed their alone time! then they came over to the house and had pizza.

Deborah got to stay until Monday. we took pregger pictures it was fun. :) and then they had to leave and I was super sad. I held it in for most of the day. Poor Brian got the brunt of it when he came out to the backyard to find out what I was doing all my myself and all I could do was answer in choking sobs. He was good though, just hugged me and let me cry. I miss my sister a lot more then I let myself think. but I"m so glad we get to be sisters forever, that is comforting. :)

And now here I am Tuesday, with a somewhat quiet house and back in the routine of things. I think I might have caught some kind of flu or something....I've been sick all day but I don't mind, it was so worth seeing my sis, bro-in-law and little cuteness, spend time with my younger siblings and do something for our parents. It wasn't nearly enough, they deserve so much more!

All in all it was an awesome weekend!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm glad it went well and your mom and dad got some kid free lovey time! Hope you're feeling better soon sweetie!! Oh and what's up with blogger not letting you comment on my blog? How rude! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you're making me emotional. :) I miss you so much too. When I first got there and we were driving to the store it felt like I've always been there and that I don't live a day away. I thought, "This is perfect." And it was.

    I love you.

    I'm sorry you got sick, and I'm sorry I made you cry when I left!

    Your house is gorgeous and you did so much for mom and dad's party this weekend! You deserve a medal!

    ReplyDelete