Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Birthday

This is a tad late but I wanted to share what I got for my b-day....besides getting to see my sister and her family from Idaho! Brian got me a Nook, my sister Deborah got me a beautiful necklace and earing set and my parents got me a gift card to a store here in town called Charming Charlies and the girls got me these:



A Lion from Juliet....



A cat from Bethanie....
And a butterfly wand from Breana....

Now when the girls first told me they had birthday presents for me I wracked my brain trying to figure out when Brian could have taken them to the store to get me something. I love my husband dearly...but he usually doesn't think of these things and more often then not the girls don't get a chance to go for me (not that I expect presents from them by any means....I just know sometimes they are bummed they don't' get too). So I said ok bring them to me. They traped down the stairs with three 'wrapped' (with old color book papers) bundles and individually presented them to me. I opened them and ooh and awwed...they had grins from ear to ear. Brian even came over and commented on how sweet it was and how they did an awesome job picking out presents (which made them even more grinny...is that a word? it is today).

Then came the best part. Juliet tells me: we picked things we didnt' want anymore. :D

I held back a chuckle and said Oh I see....Brian leaned down and said something to the effect of "you're not suppose to tell her that". All three gave Brian the 'Oh gotcha" look and then off they went on a six year old adventure.

It was all very sweet and comical at the same time. I did as I said and took them to work. :) they are now all sitting proudly on my book shelf...those forgotten unwanted toys that became sweetness to mom for her birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is so sweet! I can just imagine them up there trying to figure out what they could part with for mommy.

    I want to see what you get with mom and dad's gc! Make sure you take pictures of that too.

    ReplyDelete