Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Just needed too

So this morning was one of those mornings, the kids were not listening, whiny and just down right not working with me....I was in a mood, I usually am in the morning cause I dread the drive to Carson. I try not to show it and often spend most of the morning getting myself ready and letting the girls be. They are getting good at getting dressed, brushing their teeth and doing their hair in time for mom to emerge from her cave to get on the road. :) but this morning we were all on edge...just pushing each others buttons like no body's business.

So....I, in my momentary lack of wisdom, blew up. Just yelled that it was the last straw and we all needed to get it together or else.

or else what? I have no idea but they didn't' even question it. They heard the tone, the volume and saw my face.

we started driving and about half way through washoe valley I realised I felt a lot better. In fact I felt great. so I asked the girls if they wanted to listen to princess songs, of course they got excited and sang their little hearts out. I hummed some and smiled a little at how much I felt better. I've been trying to be super patient lately and I think I was just holding too much in instead of working on one thing at a time. I think the girls realized that too cause they were much more willing with their hugs good bye this morning. It was nice.

guess sometimes you just need too. Of course I do not plan on making this a permanent thing and now that I realize I need to let some of my frustration out on something besides yelling to make myself feel better (and not bottle it up in hopes it will just melt out the end of my feet while I'm sleeping). I used to get a lot out during my work out...but am unable to do that so much lately. Maybe a nightly lone walk or an extra half hour mumbling under my breath at my piano lessons...something exerting yet refreshing. :)

we will see. I do love epiphanies.

1 comment:

  1. I love emotional roller coasters. Not. A few weeks ago I cried myself to sleep over something little. The next day, Tyler hesitantly mentioned it in something really vague like, "so, about last night...?" And I started bawling again.

    I'm glad you felt better though. And I'm glad the girls felt better too. Sometimes it's scary for kids to have mommy upset, and when they realize mommy isn't upset anymore it makes them grateful! :) I hope you can find an outlet for your frustrations. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete