Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cake Class

So I am officially the new cake decorating instructor at Micheal's. My first class starts on June 11th and frankly I'm scared out of my mind! I'm excited too but more scared at this point. haha.



So since some of you have asked and frankly I like to show off what I can do, here are a few cakes that I have decorated in the classes I've taken over the last 16 weeks.




Basket weave cake - the class came just in time for Easter. :) I not only did the basket weave, but I also made all of those flowers and the bird out of Royal Icing...


Here's a close up of the flowers and notice how smooth the top of the cake is.....all me baby! :)

And here is a Package cake (looks like a present. hehe) and the tiered cake with more flowers made by yours truly.









Sorry I couldn't figure out how to turn it. haha.
And here is a pic of the cake I did on my last class. I love this one! its one of my favorite. It even looked cute when it was cut into! :)



(usually dont' have that much filling in the middle.....don't know what happened with that one. haha. could be the fact that I put it together around midnight the night before. hehe)
This one, I did for my friends daughters birthday. I kinda thought it was cute.
It's a jewelry box. the lid is a slab of melted white chocolate!


She loved it!

Well those are just a few. I have done three weddings, countless birthdays, special occasions and a couple of graduations. I'm looking forward to getting into baby showers, more wedding and so on and hopefully one day be good enough to do this for a living. I absolutely love it!

Let me know what you all think.....I want real critiques! I can take it.








5 comments:

  1. OK. A real critique? Honestly?...I think you're amazing. Flat out. Stinking awesome. No wonder you're a professional!!!! Seriously, you're amazing. I think you're classes are LUCKY to have you as an instructor! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are amazing. now i feel inadequate to make my daughter's birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you bring the cakes over after class! I think you are really talented and it takes a lot of talent, effort and patience to create these. I definitely could not do it.

    I am looking forward to the next wedding in the family because it will be awesome to say "Maura lets make this one!" How fun!

    Love you.

    PS want to hear something funny? The word verification for this post is "boodga" HaHaHa! I just thought it was funny. I guess it's an "old" thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you were talented you just had to find it, oh my gosh, those were so much better than any that I have seen in any bakery, I think you could go on that tv show about cakes and show them a thing or two, wow,,,,that is all I can say WOW, beautiful, amazing, WOW
    love you bunches

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. I'm excited for you to start doing baby shower cakes too. I kind of want mine to be the first you do...but who knows when that will be!! Just make sure mine is way cute, like the package one. That's darling!!!

    ReplyDelete