Thursday, May 14, 2009

Recycled Fashion

We have very distinct periods of fashion from the 1800-1900, the 20's, the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's all came with a new and unique way of stepping it out...even the 90's had some craze...you know with the baggy pants, backwards caps and short, short skirts.

Well lately, now that we are in the 2000's, we've had to look back on some of our fashion era's and borrow and sometimes re-event them. For instance in the early 2000's bell bottoms and flower power were big, now we are seeing skinny jeans and big hair. Ok so I think we could have brought back some better points of fashion but whatever.

Today I saw a guy who thought he would just take the last 75 years or so and roll them all in to one outfit. I'm hoping this does not come into craze since I can really only handle one bad fashion comeback at a time! Here is what he was wearing....let's start with the shoes and work our way up shall we:

he had vans slip ons..and wholey ones at that, he had skinny jeans that were tucked under his bum, held on with a metallic belt, he had green and brown plaid boxers, a chain that ran from his belt loop in the front to his wallet in his sagging bum pocket (I didn't know they sold those anymore!) then he had a white shirt with a skinny black tie, the sleeves where rolled up and I swear he had a box of cigarettes tucked into the sleeve, he had a hemp choker necklace on with a blue flower bead at the throat and his hair was a fluffy version of a Mohawk with a comb sticking out of the side.

Ok can anyone name how many eras he was wearing today?

I counted at least five, but some of those things were carried from one era to the other.

All I know is I was not the only one looking at him and I really hope he doesn't think this is going to be catching on anytime soon. Maybe I don't appreciate the 'art' of it all or maybe I really am getting old....or it could be both, but whatever happened to jeans and a t-shirt?

I just can't wait to see what they come up with next....or maybe I can!

3 comments:

  1. i so wish i could have seen that guy. you need to carry a camera at all times if these are the types of people you come in contact with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, at least he wasn't wearing the gum-ball machine. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete