Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers day...

I had a great mothers day. I had a sleep study on Saturday night so my parents took Juliet for the night. I was able to go home in the morning and get some chores done. :)

Juliet kept thinking it was valentine day ( I think because of all the cards that were being passed to me and mom). It was super cute.

Then at church we got to hear lovely talks (one by my very own sister. yay Marina), watch the children sing to us, and of course we got a great CD. Juliet made me a flower necklace with noodles on it (she was very excited about the noodles) and I got a bag full of yummy candies. Juliet also got me a $20 gift certificate to Micheal's ( I practically live at that store now, hehe). I haven't checked my mail and I'm told I have a card there too. wahoo.

We had the most yummiest dinner. BBQ chicken and ribs, with grilled peppers, parsley potatoes and steamed green beans....YUMMM, then for desert I made mom a lemon meringue cake...yes a cake. I don't like pies so don't' make them, but her favorite kind is lemon meringue so I made it into a cake. It wasn't my favorite but it was good for lemon. :) mom seemed to like it and I guess that's all that matters right?

well I hope you all had a lovely mothers day too!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like fun! Especially dinner:)

    I love you lots and lots and I'm glad you had such a great day! You deserve it:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, that lemon cake sounds delish. btw, i got the same gifts from andrew. weird. not really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had a good Mothers Day! I thought it was a really good one too. The cake was REALLY good! I am glad Marina ate the last piece because it was calling to me like no ones business. I would have given in too.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete