Friday, October 24, 2008

Go to work to catch my breath....since when?

So as most of you know I have a lot of siblings and those siblings are extremely talented! which usually means they are doing way cool things with their talents and where does that leave me. Going to watch my awesome bros and sis's in these different forums.

This means that most to all of my weekends are used going to concerts, competitions, road trips, preparations and whatnot. It's fun. I love it. But that doesn't leave room to get myself caught up on stuff at home. What kinds of stuff you ask? well there is laundry, dishes, yard work, house work, grocery shopping, spending time with Juliet and lately unpacking and starting to get ready for the holidays. I usually stagger into bed (after putting Juliet to bed for the 5th time) barely able to keep my eyes open.

So when do I get a chance to just sit down and breath? well ironically at work... Yes I have to do things. I file and input information, type up letters, send out mailers, talk to customers and insurance companies. But all of this I can stop for 5 minutes and just catch a breath. Read a little CNN, catch up on a blog or myspace or even just sit and think of nothing. I mean we get two fifteen minute breaks a day....you don't get those on the weekend. haha

Who would have thunk that work is a place where I could catch a break. Like I said earlier, I love my family dearly and love supporting them and have no regrets at all. I just have found lately with me, and I am sure with a lot of other people, work has become a place to wind down from the weekend and weeknights.

Crazy huh?

1 comment: