Monday, December 1, 2008

Venus and Jupiter, the big fat planets....

So today if you looked at the moon you could see Venus and Jupiter very clearly. It doesn't happen often and I personally can say I have not seen them that pronounced. It's fun to know you could be anywhere in the world and know that someone in a different state, country or even Continent can see the same thing you are. :)

So Juliet and I were walking out to the car and even she noticed the new 'stars' next to the moon. Which, by the way, is only a sliver of a moon tonight. Juliet described it as "look at the two big stars next to the pointy moon" it was dang cute.

I called Jason to tell him about Juliets description of the moon, then he gets into telling me how pretty it is looks, especially to him because he is driving out in the middle of nowhere so it is very bright to him.

K the next segment of my story is why I shouldn't fish for complements form my husband. I love him dearly and wouldn't trade him for anything but sometimes the things that come out of his mouth, and the way I interpret them. Well its' a good thing we know each other so well not to take offense. :)

He tells me how pretty the setting is. I ask him what does it remind him of because the starts are so pretty. He catches on and says 'you hunny' Pause..... 'but they're planets'

haha. so technically I'm as pretty as a big fat planet. I cracked up so badly I almost peed myself in the store. He was laughing pretty hard too. Aw good times. It's so great to be out of the 'everything I say has to impress them' stage. :) I love my husband!

1 comment:

  1. That's cute that she called it a pointy moon. I'm impressed that you knew it was Venus and Jupiter. I can identify the moon, the Big Dipper and Orion's Belt. Other than that, good luck.

    ReplyDelete