Thursday, December 11, 2008

Surprise

Jason came into town on Tuesday and was able to stay for a few hours. So right after work I drove Juliet up to Reno. I didn't' tell her what we were going for and every time she asked I just told her it was a surprise.

We drove through Reno and on our way to sparks when she pipes up from the back seat. "I really miss my daddy. I want to see him soon" I say "I know baby, I miss him too. We can see him soon" course she has no idea how soon. :)

We drive into the parking lot and sit in the car waiting for the surprise to come. "what are we doing" Juliet wined from the back seat. I don't' mind the wine so much this time because of the surprise. Then I hear "Mommy, it's daddy" She was so excited she couldn't even stand it.

When Jason opened the back door and gave her a hug, she was literally speechless and then she started to cry a little. Poor little thing had no idea why she was crying, we as adults, realize that happens when you are too emotional to do anything else, wither it be sadness, anger, happiness or relief. She just knew she was happy to see him. It really touched my heart.

So we had a really nice time, Jason took us to Red Robbin and Juliet even got to see the 'red bird'. Then we took Jason back to his truck and did our good bye's.

On the way home I asked Juliet if she liked her surprise. "what surprise?" "daddy" she thinks for a second then kinda chuckles at me. "silly mommy" she says "daddy isn't a prize, only toys are prizes."

It was super cute and have we had a great time. We get to see him in less the two weeks! we are so excited.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! It makes me cry a little too:) You are so strong.

    Sounds like you guys had a great time together for the night, that is so nice. I'd like to visit the red bird soon too! We just had one open in Idaho Falls, so we're pretty excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tears tears and more tears, yep, that is what the effect was reading your blog, it brought back the memories of when your grandpa had to go away when in the military and the feelings when the girls knew he was coming home safe. I am glad you guys had a great time.
    love and hugs
    G

    ReplyDelete