Friday, November 7, 2008

Prop 8

Here is a link to a news story about how the gay community has rallied outside of one of the CA temples - stating the reason Prop 8 passed was because of Mormons and that we are bigots.

http://www.ktla.com/landing_topstories/?Prop-8-Protesters-Rally-Outside-Mormon-T=1&blockID=127805&feedID=1198

I do not believe we are bigots and even a counter statement in the article states why we are not bigots and why we supported Prop 8.

I have mixed feelings about this. I am happy that we succeeded and enough so that they have now "blamed" us for the outcome, but I am angry that they would find it necessary to go to our holy grounds and cause trouble because they are angry. I understand they are angry, but be respectful.

The article goes on to say that for every $5 donation you give to their organization to reverse the outcome they will send a postcard to President Monson regarding their views and such, when in the same breath the woman said 'its ok to have your opinions but do not force them on me" hello that is exactly what you are doing?

If I were being petty (and in my ranting and raving right now... I am) I say we send a pass a long card for every postcard they send us. And for every angry letter or petition that goes around send a pair of missionaries to those who either sent it or signed it.

Ok I am done. I know it will all calm down in a matter of months....or not but either way our great Prophet will conduct himself wonderfully and defend or explain things to them that they might understand, they might not want to hear it but that is on them.

I do have to say that I love our church so very much. The way we are able to stick together, work as one even from different states, have one goal and one purpose but still be able to express our views and be individuals. There are not very many places on earth you can find that and I am glad I am part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment