Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I get to meet who?...

My sister Marina can be quite the character! She can make you laugh without even trying. So we signed up for the Great American Weight Loss challenge....Like that's something I need right? I know how to lose weight, I just can't do it. I don't need some skinny chick who has never been fat a day in her life to tell me how to eat. Whatever. Ok back to the story. We were at Jenny Craig and all we had was a check to pay for our sign up fee. Mom didn't want to go to the bank for 15.00, so asked if there was anyway we could pay with a check. The lady behind the counter said if we wrote it in her name then she would pay the cash. That's when Marina leans over and says:

Marina: Are we in Jenny Craig

Me: Ya...

Marina: That's so cool, I didn't think I would be able to meet her

Me: Wait, what? did you ask if we were in Jenny Craig or if she is Jenny Craig

Marina: I asked if that is Jenny Craig

Insert me giving Marina the 'oh you poor thing' look

Me: No hunny, Jenny Craig isn't a real person....its like Betty Crocker, its just a brand name

Marina looks at me with big soulful eyes.

Marina: What do you mean Betty Crocker's not real?


You would have thought I told her her dog ran away, or Santa wasn't coming.
And of course me being who I am, instead of saying some comforting big sister word, I laughed my head off and proceeded to tell everyone who would listen about Marinas misguided assumptions. It was classic!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, that's kind of like the time Marina had to ask, "tuna is fish?"

    Oh man, she cracks me up. I miss you guys. Can't wait to come home in a month!:)

    ReplyDelete