Sunday, July 27, 2008

modesty

Last night I did all my laundry.....since I was taught to do them in colors I was doing the whites and therefore had all my under things in the laundry. Well Juliet was already in bed and I thought I would be getting up before she would be so I took my shower and went to bed...well lets say all natural. :)

Juliet came into my bed about 3:30 am because of a supposed 'nightmare' (she has a lot of those when daddy is gone...she likes to sleep in our bed) so naturally she was in bed when morning came a poken it's sunny head in our room (haha....get it? sunny head, morning. haha. ok anyway..) and of course children wake up with the sun, they have not really gotten the hang of the whole adult concept of sleeping in. so I woke up to her in the middle of a story (like I had been part of the conversation the whole time) and so I pick up with the standard 'oh, ahha and cool' while I desperately try to get my brain to catch up with a three year old's story at 7:30am.

eventually I get my sandpaper eyelids open, my muscles stretched out and the extra oxygen apparently required when you wake up by yawning 8 times in one minute. So with Juliet still in the middle of a story (notice a say 'a' story and not 'the' story, because she changes stories like she changes her shoes....a lot). I roll out of bed and start stumbling towards the dryer, here comes the part where I become impossibly aware of my modesty...or lack there of.

Juliet stops mid-sentence and I hear from behind me
'ew...I did not want to see your butt!'
I turn my head and say..."well excuse me!" and meander on my way to get dressed...quickly.

leave it to a child to put you in place and thoroughly embarrass you at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that's classic! Thanks, that was a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! i've almost been in the same situation.

    ReplyDelete