Monday, October 11, 2010

Snacks

I was talking to one of my beautiful sisters today (as I often do) and we were talking about snacking. How often we remember to make our kids healthy snacks and then turn around and eat unhealthy snacks ourselves. I think this is a hard habbit to break...well it is for me anyway. I love yummy foods and lets face it, not all yummy foods are fantastic for you right?!

We are coming up on the holidays where much yumminess will be for the partaking. My goal: to make sure I partake in moderation and eat healthy whenever possible. Not just for main meals but for snacks as well, Drink more water and watch my portion sizes!

I want to lose another 10 pounds by Christmas. Thats five pounds a month. I can do this!!!! And now that I have written it out in a public setting...please feel free to ask for updates and see how I"m doing. It might just keep me in gear. :D

2 comments:

  1. ML, you will do it, when you put your mind to it you always manage to accomplish it. When you feel yourself slipping, just pop back in and re-read what you posted. Keep up the good work. Love and hugs going your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing was that RIGHT after we got done talking about this, I cut up an apple for Seth, and had potato chips myself. Ug!

    I guess what we really need is just a list of healthy snacks so you have ideas on what to eat when it'd just be easier to grab a candy bar.

    ReplyDelete