Monday, June 28, 2010

Before/After School Care

I'm sure this is yet another reason I should be a stay at home mom....but just can't be that way.


Why is it sooooo dang hard to find before/after school programs. Especially for Kindergartners. They are typically 5. 5 is old enough to start school....but apparently not old enough to be able to be watched in before/after school programs. All the ones I've looked up are 6. And I love my girls dearly but they are all the same age so anywhere I do find that might take them at 5 will cost us an arm and a leg. We are talking about four hours here people! It shouldn't be where parents have to get two jobs just to afford care!!!!!

I am going to talk to a member of our ward who is currently watching Juliet and see if she will be gracious enough to watch them for us. I'm not sure if it will work or if I'm going to have to miraculously change my works schedule to meet this outrageous need.

The Lord will provide if I keep the faith......doesn't mean I can't get a bit frustrated along the way.

1 comment:

  1. really?! No one will take them at 5?! That's so weird. Not even a daycare like what Eric does? Probably not since you're the mom and you know everything and have already checked it out. I hope Sister I-watch-Juliet will be able to help you with the twins. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete