Friday, June 25, 2010

Juliets Eye

Last night I came home from my book club and Juliet kept saying her eye hurt. So I took her in the bathroom and tried to look at her eye. She had it shut so tight I thought I would need the jaws of life to pry it open. I finally have to tell her to hug my waist tight so she'll leave her hands away from her face and pull her eye open.

Ok so I'm thinking maybe an eyelash or something....no a huge clump of stuff animal stuffing. I won't lie at first I thought some worm or something had got stuck in her eye. I had an internal battle with the little girl me who wanted to slap at it, scream and run away and the the mother in me who desperately wanted to save my child's eye and whatever other evil might come from this nastiness. Luckily for Juliets face and my ego...mother me won, calmed down and realized it was stuffing and not worms.

I pull out piece by piece...some come out easily some don't. I wanted to pull all of it out at once but one she kept clamping her eye-lid down (I dont' blame her I would too) and two I didn't know if it had started to wrap around anything and didn't want to inadvertently pull her eyeball out (cause then scardy cat little girl in me would have won...hands down!).

I pull the last piece out and then run her open eye under water. It was red and swollen and she said it only hurt when she closed her eye. I explained that it was probably scratched. Then I asked her how the heck she got stuffing in her eye. She still has no clue. Ya that's my kid!

This morning I ask her how her eye is and she says good, that it no longer hurt. I pulled her to me and started looking for myself. I pull her eye lid open and examine it like a mother should.

"Are you sure it doesn't hurt" I ask

"Well if you dont' squish it!" she replies in a heeeeelllllooooo voice.

Brian and I both started busting up. Ya...she's def my daughter.

2 comments:

  1. EWIE! Thank goodness for Momma Bear! I'm that way with spiders and such. A spider is crawling toward Seth and I battle: Do I leave him and grab a shoe? The kid doesn't even know what's coming? Or do I get CLOSER to the spider by picking up my baby and THEN go get a shoe? It's a struggle. :)

    Seriously though, I'm glad that you got the animal stuffing out. And isn't it fun your waist is tiny enough to hug?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh man I am busting up over here! That was funny!

    ReplyDelete