Thursday, October 29, 2009

Look what the cat brought me

We got home the other night and the cat had brought Juliet a surprise. yes, a mouse.

The cat has done this before. He loves her to pieces.....which I'm not sure why because the poor thing gets squished from hugs, dressed up and sometimes left in a dresser drawer for hours all because of her...but he still adores her. so of course what do animals do when they adore/love someone...they bring it barely alive things they've been playing with for the last hour.

This would have been bad enough but my fearless daughter decided she would be proud of what the cat brought and show me. No, not bring me to it.....bring IT to ME! she picked it up (thankfully she knows enough not to touch it with bare hands) she picked it up with a towel and brought it to me saying "look what the cat brought me"

I tried my hardest to not show my surprise, disgust and frankly girl like squeal that wanted to escape.....I guess I didn't do a very good job because one look at my face I guess made Juliet realize what exactly she was holding....of course it picked that very moment to squirm, which made her scream and throw it.....at me! which made me scream...which made her scream harder.

so there we are two screaming girls in the middle of the hallway with the mouse trying to run away and the cat leaping out from the shadows..and i swore he gave us a 'what the heck did you let it get away for' look as he was pouncing.

We finally caught it. I took it outside and across the street. I know I should have killed it but ick. I just couldn't.

we washed our hands for about ten minutes and had a good chuckle.

4 comments:

  1. Cracks me up that she THREW it at you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahh I had to laugh, it brought back memories to Hawaii, we had a cat that would bring us mice and he would put it in our shoes or drop it at our feet, one day we were upstairs and next thing I knew here came the cat running across the lawn up the outside locker and tried jumping to the window in the upstairs bedroom, i got there just in time to slam the window shut and the cat was hanging there with his claws in the window sill with the mouse hanging out of his mouth, oh my gosh.......I think that was the last time he brought home a mouse. So you can see that I could just picture you and Juliet standing there in the hallway screeming and the cat pouncing on the mouse again, oh my what a scene. love it.

    ReplyDelete