Friday, April 17, 2009

10 things I hate about work

I got really annoyed the other day with working so I thought I would write down a few things that drive me absolutely crazy!

1. When people introduce themselves on the phone and then go silent like you're suppose to know who they are.

2. When people walk by your desk and feel it necessary to comment to about everything or make a 'clever' joke. Didn't ask...don't care!

3. When customers feel it necessary to go into life stories or recent medical procedures that have nothing to do with the question or conversation. Again didn't ask...don't care!

4. After you answer the phone with your business's name and then the customer says 'yes, is this...". Pretty sure I just said that!!! PAY ATTENTION

5. When co-workers come to your desk and ask what are you doing? Washing a dog...I'm working what does it look like.

6. When someone tells you what exactly they are going to be doing that day, when you don't' need to know where they are and what they are going to be doing.....didn't ask, don't care (see a pattern?)

7. When customers leave a message to be called back and then when you do they hang up on you because they think you are a collection agency.

8. When people ask a question and then don't shut up long enough to let you answer and then start talking over you when you do finally get a word in. Hello ask me a question....LISTEN for the answer!

9. When you explain something and then the customer says "are you sure?". Oh just kidding, you caught me taking 10 minutes out of my life to lie to you just for giggles!

10. When people start of the conversation saying "you people". Ya pretty sure I gave you my name at the beginning of the call. I remembered yours......use mine!

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that got to me and usually do. Feel free to add on to the list! :)

Have a great day at work....No matter where you are!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heavens and heck, I hate all those things too! Except my co-workers don't ever ask what I'm doing. So I'd replace that one with, "I hate when people come inside with their sunglasses on." They start talking to me and I don't know if they're talking to me or their imaginary friend behind me. The sun is OUTSIDE people! But seriously, you nailed it. I think anyone who works with the public like we do encounters some form of these irritants.

    ReplyDelete