Friday, March 20, 2009

The start of it all....

Exactly four years ago to the day, I was getting ready to be induced with our daughter Juliet. She wasn't dropping like she should have been and my doctor was concerned she was getting to big and I have a very small torso so she might be getting squished.

I worked my whole shift that day, at five I said good-bye to everyone, took one more piece of cake for the road and headed home. Jason and I packed our bag, had dinner, got as much as we could ready for the new addition. I remember the surreal feeling of knowing we were leaving the house empty but coming back with three people instead of two. Of course I had no idea what it would be like, even living in a family our size, I still wasn't prepared for it all.

We were to meet my doctor at Barton Memorial at ten pm to start inducing. Barton is up at the lake, a good 45 minute drive so we left at eight. We had plenty of time to drive there...in the snow, check in and start the process.

I got in my room, in my fancy gown, my IV hooked up and the meds a dripping. I was excited, nervous and frankly tired...already. But I was ready......

The contractions started shortly after. They put a special monitor on my belly to keep track of Juliets heart beat, course it was on the side I wanted to lay on and Juliet would have none of that. Stubborn from the beginning. The contractions were felt but not painful or bothersome. So I tucked in for the night, hoping that at any minute I would be able to tell the doc that the process was moving along and our baby ready to come.

Did it? well, I can't get too ahead of myself. You'll have to find out what happens tomorrow. :)....Just like we did.

3 comments:

  1. hahahah leave us hanging,,,,good one, but I know the results. Love you lots, Juliet's bd card is in the mail to concord's address.

    love you
    hugs and smoochies
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate waiting for the other shoe to drop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's been almost four years. Wow. You made me nervous though. I thought I forgot her birthday, but I didn't.

    ReplyDelete