Monday, March 23, 2009

The rest of the story.

So I should wait until she was actually born to tell the rest of the story but that won't be until 10:02 tonight....so I will do it now. :)

I was in labor for 16 hours when my doctor came in and asked me what I wanted to do. I said I wanted to try to do this so she kicked up the meds and gave me another four hours. 20 hours in she came back in and asked again... I said I really wanted to try this. 22 hours in, she came in and said she couldn't hold off much longer. I told I desperately wanted to try to do this so she told me she would put me on the schedule for a c-section with in 2 hours. If I hadn't dilated enough to break my water I was going to have to do that.

Half an hour before my 2 hours were up she came back in and checked me. Both of us were surprised to find that Juliet had not dropped any...in fact she went back up a little. She said that was it and that I was going to have to have a c-section. I signed the paperwork. Got wheeled in and on the table.
They gave me the epidural and in no time my body was gone to me. At 10:02 our stubborn little Juliet came crying into the world. The first time I saw her she was purple and had a mass of black hair. I cried, Jason cried and he went with her to get all her checks and shots while I had to stay back and get stapled and sewed.

They wheeled me into the recovery room. I was there for two hours. I slept some and concentrated on moving my limps...I do not like that feeling at all). I was finally wheeled into my room and mom brought me my baby.

Ok let’s go back for a sec. Last and only time I had seen her she was purple....Jason is super white and I have been known to blind a person or two when I feel adventurous enough to ware short, my legs are so white.
So when I saw Juliet...I almost said that one isn't mine. She was soooo dark. We do have Mexican on my moms’ side of the family and Indian on my dads. So its not like it came out of nowhere, it just surprised me.

We were in the hospital for another three days before I could be released. So a total of five days up in there. I love that hospital! Mom and dad had to stay overnight on one of the nights because of the blizzard the raged outside. We had lots of visitors....I felt bad though. I was on a morphine drip so fell asleep a lot when people were talking to me. :)

Today Juliet is Four. I really can't believe it. She still has a darker tone to her skin and can tan so prettily it kinda makes me sick. haha. At around six months her black hair fell out and blond grew in. She still has super blond hair which she loves cause it makes her look like Hanna Tanna. She has a nice mixture of both Jason and I and actually looks a lot like my sister Deborah.

She picked out her outfit today so of course it was all pink... I mean the whole thing. :) and she has a ribbon that says birthday princess to wear around school. We won't have her party until this upcoming weekend because Jason should be home by then. Hopefully. I am leaving work early to take her to the movies and dinner. A small surprise. She LOVES the movie theatre and can name all the ones she's seen.

We love her very much and hope to have more someday but if that doesn't work out she is truly a blessing to us!

4 comments:

  1. she is truly a blessing to the whole dang family, you just have to love her to pieces..she has a very special place in her grammie's heart. Give her a great big birthday hug and smoochie.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logan Family est 2003March 23, 2009 at 6:51 PM

    Happy B-day Juliet! I bet you looked absolutely beautiful in your pink b-day outfit. Hope the movie was GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, not to make you feel obligated to invite us to her little party, but if you do want to invite emmy and andrew just let me know. i'll try to have the car so that i can go places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Baby Girl!! She's so funny. When I called to say happy birthday she told me all about the different kinds of princesses. When I asked what makes them different she said, "Um, when you come to my house I'll show you."

    Deal.

    I still remember mom calling me in the middle of the night and telling me through sobs that I was a proud aunt.

    love you all a bunch of days!

    ReplyDelete