Thursday, September 18, 2008

Autumn Begins

So everyone. Autumn begins on September 22nd..... and I can not wait. I can already feel it in the air. Autumn or Fall is my most favorite time of year!!! I absolutely love it. My dear sister Deborah loves summer and although summer is a pleasant time of year I have to tell you that Fall is the time of year I love the best!

I love the color of the trees as they turn from deep greens to gold, orange, red and brown. I love the sound of the crunching leaves beneath my feat. I love the feel of the cool Fall breeze swirled with the warm Summer air. I love the darker mornings and the clouded evenings. I love the promise of rain and the hope of snow. I love the way you can leave a window open and have your face and feat cool while your wrapped up in a warm blanket. I love that hot chocolate taste ten times better during Fall and Winter. I love the gauzy clouds hovering, almost like a guardian....a season guardian. :)

I love the festivities too! I love Halloween! the colors, the costumes, the parties and the pumpkins. I love Thanksgiving! the colors, the parities, the family and the anticipation of Christmas and a new year! and of course black Friday (but that is another story all in it's self).




So needless to say I do enjoy the autumn, always have and always will. I like winter and spring...and summer but absolutely adore Fall!
So Yay for me that fall is coming. Hope yours is as colorful, fun and fantastic as I hope mine is going to be.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on a lot of those things: I love the trees changing colors and I LOVE to crunch leaves under foot. But I hate Halloween (hate is such a strong word), I despise dark mornings, and I'm not ready for snow. However, I do LOVE the rain.

    And even though I'm not ready for summer to be gone, it's necessary for a change. If I had summer year round, I'd be beggin' for snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the fall, too. it's my favorite season. the other day someone was talking about how fall has the best fashions and you can layer the look. so fun.

    ReplyDelete