Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Why Juliet will never have to eat frogs leg's.

background: in our house, you have to at least try whatever is put in front of you before you say you don't like it. Its a rule I will always enforce (side note: I will never make my children eat anything I wouldn't consider putting in my own mouth)

I like to egg my kids on.....ask them why a billion times when they are trying to explain something and what not...Its fun and I'm the mom so I get to do that. Most of the time they will just get frustrated with my game and just laugh or say 'Mooooommmyyyy' in that 'please stop talking' whine. But occasionally they will come up with a perfect answer and stump even them best of them...aka me! ;~)

The following conversation took place last week while driving home:

Mom: Aunt Rina is coming over to watch you. And she is getting pizza
Juliet: YAY
Mom: oh but the pizza isn't for you, you get to have frogs legs
Juliet: seriously mom? that's gross
Mom: Yes and how do you know they are gross?
Juliet: cause my mouth told me so
Mom: have you ever tried them?
Juliet: umm..NOOOO
Mom: then how do you know you wouldn't like them if you haven't' even tried them

(dramatic pause)

Juliet: Because that is how Jesus made me.


Well you can't really argue with that now can you! And that my friends is why Juliet will never have to eat frogs leg's...at least not at my table. To bad she didn't save that awesome answer for spinach or green beans. :D

3 comments:

  1. that's so cute! the perfect argument!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAAAA!!!!! I will be using those very sane arguments in the future! :0-)

    ReplyDelete