Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mommy eyes

Juliet is not one of those kids who dances around what she wants to say. She rarely is embarrassed and strait out tells you what she is doing or thinking if asked and sometimes when you don't ask.

Yesterday I was drawing a bath ....ha that sounded so early 1900's....anyway I digress, I was drawing a bath for the girls when I walked in the bathroom to check the water for the girls and Juliet is on the potty...of course commanding her sisters to do something (even from the potty with her naked hiney she is bossy!). I tell the twins to go find jammies for after the bath and ask Juliet what she is doing (meaning why is she bossing her sisters around)

"Poopin" is her answer. At this I do notice a nasty little oder and say "hecks ya you are thats stiiiiinky!" So then she tells me to "turn on the gross air sucker upper" (meaning the fan). I hear giggles behind me and with out turning tell the twins to go find their jammies.

They are amazed by my skill to know exactly what they are doing (love those mommy skills) when I hear "how did she know that?"

I walk out, flip on the fan, tell Juliet to hurry up. I'm halfway down the hall when I hear "cause she's got back of the head mommy eyes under her hair...now go find jammies" in that little bossy voice coming from atop the toilet.

1: Juliet comes up with the funniest things to say.
2: how on earth do children not have more nightmares when we are telling them we have eyes in the back of our heads....The vision that comes to my mind when she said that was terrifying. I wonder how I didn't' go running from my moms head every time she turned around. Crazziness.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part is that Juliet was being bossy while nakie :)

    ReplyDelete