Thursday, February 19, 2009

Banana Splits and Cookie Dough

I'm at that stage in my diet where my body is starting to forget or get used to the fact that it doesn't get junk and sweets everyday. So what does it do, what any dying thing does....it fights! And boy does it fight dirty! All day yesterday anytime I would think about something it would tie back into food! Seriously! and not just any food the good stuff, greasy burgers, cheesy macaroni, banana splits and cookie dough. ( you know how people say 'oh that cookie is calling my name' really it was calling me. Imagine the looks I got in the break room when I told the cookie to shut its trap and leave me alone!)

I went home and my sister was nice enough to buy us dinner. I had gone to the store and got all the mixing for a spinach salad, I had red onion, zucchini, cucumber, tomato and low fat blue cheese dressing I was going to top it with some tuna and was feeling pretty good about it, but then I walk into the house with the assault of the best smelling thing ever (Sidebar: ever notice when you are super hungry or dieting things that are not so great for you smell 80 times better?) it was gooey pizza, garlic and butter infused bread sticks with marinara sauce and of course the bubbly (soda). I just about fell over. I was so light headed I couldn't tell if it was ringing in my ears because the oxygen had left my body or if the heavens had opened up and the angels were singing this sinful meal praise! either way it took me a few seconds to recover myself.

I did eat it, I ate two small slices and one bread stick. The salad is in the fridge ready to be eaten tonight or tomorrow. So yes I fell, but not to hard. Thank goodness. And in two weeks we are going to Disneyland, land of yummy churro's and grilled goodness, sweets of all kinds and the inability to say no to them. :) however we will be walking all day so hopefully that evens it out. Till then I need to keep my guard up cause you never know what will hit next!

2 comments:

  1. stay strong, but remember, wheb you are on vacay so is your diet. enjoy disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So as I was reading your blog I got so hungry I had to break out some Cheezits. :D

    ReplyDelete