Sunday, August 31, 2008

Suprise

So imagine me laying in bed about 7:30am, I had just put in a movie for Juliet and given her breakfast and laid back down for a blissful 10 more minutes of sleep....or resting my eyes as it is at this point. I hear frodo getting excited about something. I happily think it is him getting ready to catch the mouse that has gotten in (they come in every year around fall...drives me NUTTS), I see something out of the corner of my eye (out bedroom window faces the backyard) and I freak out.

Frodo isn't getting excited about the dang mouse, he is excited about a burglar/killer trying to get in our house. I scramble out of bed, call out to Juliet to come in my room and frantically try to get my pants and shirt on, while running to the closet for our gun. then I hear 'DADDY'....wait what?

that's right I almost shot my husband...he neglected to tell me he was coming home because he wanted to surprise me....well surprise I tell him if it weren't for the fact that the gun was at the top of the closet in the very back in a locked case....I would have shot you. Good to know I would have never gotten it in time if it were a burglar but nice to know I had time not to shoot my husband.

I should have known what was going on, Frodo wouldn't get that excited about a burglar! and usually they dont' break in at 7:30 in the morning.

so I got my birthday wish. Jason came home, so surprise to me! as well as a good workout and scare of a lifetime and Happy Birthday to both of us.


yay!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, that's the best birthday surprise ever!:) I'm so glad you get to spend time together sooner than you thought. That's so nice.

    ReplyDelete