Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Doesn't work that way

Yesterday I woke up in the best mood. I was happy the air was crisp, the sun was out. Sure I had to go back to work but it is only a four day week and its good to get back into a routine. I fit into some slacks I hadn't been able to fit into in a while and I was feeling good.

I was ready to be on top of the world!....but I guess it doesn't work that way. Throughout the day my mood was slowly deflated with downers and reality checks. Some of them were just need to happens, like being told I needed to do something differently at work, when I thought I was doing well. It was brought to my attention that I needed to look at how I acted in certain situations, which is fine. I'm sure I needed to hear it. I was told I need to be cautious and reasonable in my expectations in other situations, again something that needed to be heard.

But frankly I just wanted a good day, I wanted people on my side...not showing me rational, legitimate reasons for the reality check. I quickly came down from the top of my world and although I deeply appreciate those in my life that tell me how it is and what needs to be done....I just simply didn't want it yesterday. But what can you do? Take it and run with it, so I guess that's what I will do.

3 comments:

  1. How come you didn't tell me you were having a bad day? I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you turn and say Thank you for the corrective message, smile at them, and go on with your life, smiling, and feeling on top of the world because that is where you belong.
    love and hugs going your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate it when stuff like that happens.

    ReplyDelete