Wednesday, June 24, 2009

America's Got Talent

Have you seen this show? kinda like an American Idol and Star Search all in one. I love it. I usually miss it because I am not home but I got to see some last night.

I love to watch the people who think they are just the coolest things ever and the rest of the world can see they have no talent. Like this one guy says he does impressions so well that it scares him how much he sounds like the people he's impersonating. So when he got up there everyone is expecting this fantastic deal and he totally bombed. I'd feel bad for the guy except when they interviewed him later he was like, its just pure jealousy because there's no way I sucked.....ya buddy ya did!

But the very last group to addition for the night is the reason you want to see the show. It was two brothers and a sister, ages from nine to eighteen. They sang God bless America in acapella and it was just heart breakingly beautiful. There was so much feeling and soul in it and they were good. It made me cry and it made a lot of people in the audience cry. I really hope they make it all the way through!

tonight is another hour deal where they go to another city (New York i think) and audition. It will be fun to see the good ones and even funner (is that a word?) to see the bad ones. I can't wait......

PS. ....thank goodness for DVR!

1 comment:

  1. We followed that show religiously when it first came out, but after that David Hasselhoff (however you spell his name) kinda got a little funky and we stopped watching. That and Chuck took over our lives and TV. But I'm with you, it's a good show! I always feel super bad for the people who bomb because you know the judges only put them through to the next round to give the rust of us a laugh.

    ReplyDelete