Tuesday, June 24, 2008

movie quotes

Our family is big time movie quoter's. If there is a situation in which we can quote something...we will. If not, we will make the situation. And usually it only takes one or two words of the quote and the rest of us are laughing or joining in. Sometimes we will have entire conversations on movie quotes alone. It baffles some, impresses others, but mostly it makes us laugh and that is why we do it.
Well as I have told you before, our daughter takes after me!....a lot!!!! We don't have cable. we only have channel two, so after work when we get home and I have dishes to do, laundry to start and dinner to make, I usually let Juliet either play in her room or watch a movie (usually it ends up with her doing both)....she has her favorites like Scoobydoo, Rapunzel, Snow White, George and Narnia. But lately her favorite movies are Men in Black....she calls it the talking dog movie or in her exact words "da calking gog, with da big worm", which is Men in Black II. Now usually I pay attention enough to know when the few cursy words are coming up. They don't have to many in that movie only one or two, so when they do I will distract her by asking her to do something or sometimes she is in her room. But I missed one the other day...and since she is in the stage of repeating everything....not just repeating but putting a little sass in it too. This is what happened.

The part of the movie where Will Smith just nueralized the kid with all the XFiler type tapes and tells him he needs to take the girl to Cambodia for a lobster dinner, get contacts and then 'move your bum a** out of your moms house'....the minute he said it I realized my mistake. I forgot to distract her and she was sitting in her chair watching with undivided attention, since about this part of the movie I have distracted her so I am sure she was wondering why out of the hundred times she has watched this, has she never seen this part. I hold my breath, anticipating the 'talk' of why we don't say certain words, but alas she does not repeat and watches the rest of the movie. Phew...got away from that one. Until dinner....this is our conversation, she comes in the kitchen quoting the movie (of course) and says.

Juliet: mom - move your buuum ou oa your moms houe
(all this while snake waving her pointer finger and neck - does she have a dislocated neck? cause that is the only logical reason it can move with that much sass....)
Me: Excuse me young lady...I don't live at my moms house
(while thanking everything good that she didn't' pick up on the donkey word)
Juliet: (while giving me the Well Whateve Fool look) she says.... Well I do!
and walks off like she's all that and a back of chips.....
did I just get told by a three year old while she was making my point for me....why do I feel so slapped?

It was funny and now she want to watch that movie all the time and throughout the whole thing she says that quote....luckily I have been able to distract her from that part without her knowing. :) magic mommy skills or most likely sheer dumb luck. The last thing I need is for her to go to school and tell one of the teachers to 'move their bum (donkey) out of their moms house'...I can just imagine that report.

So there you go. Movie quoting...starting them young. and just because I can and at least two of my family members will get them. Here are some movie quotes that should make you smile. :)

-Thomas...look at my butt, look at my butt
-Don't you talk to me like that I am a mother...I mean a Doctor!
-Whatever I want to do....Geeeze
-Girls only like guys who have skills, like bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills, nun-chuck skills.....
-Have you seen my dad?
-Talk to the man vida you speak honky
-Oh meja's the seats are like butta
-Take off eh?

There are many more but those are some good ones. :)

1 comment:

  1. Here's a new one for you:

    "It's just a thing...just a thing."

    I couldn't think of any other quotes on the spot!

    Lucky!

    ReplyDelete