Monday, June 2, 2008

dirty or sylish?

So this weekend I had a big girls night out with my good friend Crystal. We got all dolled up and went up to Reno for some shopping (mostly window shopping for me. hehe) but it was super fun. then dinner. we went to the Melting Pot! It was beyond fabulous....I absolutely looooovvveed it! we ate for 2 and a half hours and i didn't have to be rolled out of there. You have to cook your own pieces of meat and veggies so it takes a while, but it was so much fun!

Anyway, as you all probably know, I am a little on the white side....ok a lot on the white side, but had no idea just how much until this weekend.

I didn't want to look completely out of place in the fancy stores and wanted to look at least a little stylish so I did a spray tan on my legs to tone it down a little ( you know so I don't get sued for blinding people or starting fires because my legs reflect off all the bling), I thought they looked good. 'ok, I can handle this. tanned without the bother of burns or threat of cancer' plus it made my legs look a tad bit slimmer..thank you very much!

Well on Sunday, the day after I was in my Capri pants, cleaning the house, doing the dishes and helping Juliet pick up her room. After what I thought was a sufficient amount of effort for a Sunday, sat down on the couch and watched Nanny McPhea with Juliet. she looked at me for a bit, then gets the 'hmm...i wonder if she realizes...poor mommy' look and asks me:
"momma, you ganna take a bath?"
"no, not yet anyway, probably tonight." an odd question but hey whatever...
"well your legs are dirty"
"are they? I had no idea...thank you for letting me know"

ok... you know your skin never sees the light of day when your child thinks that because you are tanned a little, you are dirty. How sad is that? haha.

story two = a short one but it was funny. Juliet and I were driving to Granna's house at 6:30am the other day and I notice that Juliet is extremely quite. Now she is usually quite...because lets face it...it's too early to be anything but half awake that early in the morning. but that day she was quite and when I looked back at her...she was very much deep in thought. The reason I know is she bites the inside of her cheek like her daddy when she is thinking really hard and she was tapping her finger on her chin. I let her think, while wondering what could be so important to ponder on this early and to such a small person. then my answer came.
"mom" she said pulling me out of my thoughts
"yes, baby"
"If your head doesn't have a face on it....you can't talk right?"
"well....I would think not but I have never tried it"
"hmmm" she says in a very philosophical manner and continues to look out the window.

Now were that question came from I will never know but it was very cute and funny and a tad bit on the freaky side (as mom would say). But that is Juliet, definitely my daughter. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the tad bit freaky part. Like in that The Brother's Grimm movie where the little girl had her face stolen or whatever. That was freaky. That's what it makes me think of.
    Anyway. That tanning story is funny. I've thought of doing that to my legs, but I don't dare because there was a girl who did the tanning lotion for our senior prom. She wore a white knee-length dress. So she put on some of the tanning lotion. After a few minutes, nothing happened, so she put on some more. Few more minutes, she put on some more. It still wasn't doing anything, so she re-read the instructions. Yeah, it doesn't show for half an hour or something like that. So her legs were black after several coats of this stuff. Plus the white dress helped contrast making them look even darker. Hehe. So, now you know why I don't dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this template!! I have another blog that's like my journal. Anyway, I used this template for a while on that blog. Then I changed it yesterday, so now I've got bright green background with black flowers. Pretty sassy of me, huh?:)

    ReplyDelete