Monday, March 31, 2008

Vacation Blues

So...here I am at work (yes, I am blogging at work)....after a week long vacation with my didders, and brodder-in-laws in Idaho. We had so much fun and Juliet traveled very well! So here is my dilemma. I don't want to get back in to the swing of things. I mean who wants to come back to work after sleeping in, playing killer bunnies until 3 in the morning....sorry Tyler. :), eating cupcakes, napping and reading. Um...not me, that is for dang sure! O well, I will start work tomorrow. Today is just to re-acclimate myself with the environment. haha.




so, we have been training Juliet to go potty for owh.....I don't know, a good 6 months now. She can do it, just feels it unnecessary too. Case in point: when we were at Deborah's house she wore here little 'my little pony' panties the whole time. She had two accidents and the second one she only told me about after she had cleaned it up herself (was in the bathroom so not much needed to be cleaned up...thank goodness). She did wonderfully. I couldn't have been more excited about it. We get home....and back to the pullups. She wont' go potty for nothing. She gets all excited about the panties but then feels she really doesn't need to pay attention and messes. I feel like we have taken two steps back. I am half tempted to go back to Idaho until she is fully trained. But that wouldn't work. :) (nice thought though). We will continue to work with her but she is her mothers daughter and feels she needs to be stubborn and unmoving at this point in her life.....




So here is my funny story from vacation. (I changed the spelling so you would understand what I was saying compared to what was written) Deborah had asked me to make the chicken salad for dinner. (everyone was in the kitchen doing something or another so it was a tight fit). I got all the measuring utensils, after asking Deb. like 9 times where everything was and all the ingredients when I came across one that I didn't recognize. "hmm" I thought, " must be an Idaho thing" I look around in here cupboards, on the counter and in the fridge for this weird new ingredient, all the while wondering what it would taste like since I have had Chinese chicken salad before and don't recall this particular spice. Finally I wait until Deborah is finished talking to Mom about something and ask her "were is your Raymon seasoning" she looks at me and I can see here trying to flip through all her seasonings in her head to figure out if she forgot to get it or if it is someplace downstairs....then she blinks.."wait, my what?" she says as she takes the recipe from me...."your Raymon seasoning, I can't find it". She looks at me with her ' oh my poor didder' face and says...."you mean Ramon, as in Top Ramon seasoning" I blink at her like ya, where is it. then it slowly comes to me that that name sounds familiar....why does the spice sound familiar? "oh Ramon" I say.....I get it. Of course mom and Deborah start laughing, it quickly spreads throughout the house what a doofus I made of myself and then off we go making the rest of the Chinese chicken salad with the raymon seasoning, haha, and it was dang good too......




I knew what it was the whole time I was just trying to liven up the conversation....ya that's it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, in your defense, I don't think it was spelled correctly on the recipe. And that's ok, it makes for an interesting story:)

    Here's an idea for you. Let Juliet call someone and tell them when she goes potty in the toilet or if she stays dry during nap time. My nephew Justin gets to call Grandma (either one) or Aunt Deborah. I'd be happy to oblige for Juliet as well:) And I'm sure Granna or Grampy would too. But I don't know how Juliet would feel about callling Jason's grandma:) Can you imagine how that conversation would go? HA!

    Oh, and you didn't get a call on cereal because you don't have a phone I can call. I called mom to try to get you and Rebekah at the same time, but she didn't answer.

    ReplyDelete