Friday, March 14, 2008

Had a funny thought



So here I am at the gym, I go every day, and I look around. I suddenly get this strange feeling that something is funny to me....so naturally I try to figure out what my mind thinks is so funny. It finally let me in on the joke. We were all little mice, running on our various variations of our wheels. I mean think about it, the whole idea of the gym is funny...you go and put your self in weird positions doing multiple reps of various exercises, while sweating like....well....use your own analogy there....all to look better. You purposely take time out of your day to make yourself look ridiculous to look better. And there I am jogging on my little treadmill (wheel) and see all my fellow gymers (mice) doing the same and we all couldn't have been more content. some watch CNN (to better your brain while getting in shape) most have headphones on listening to whatever music we need to either pump us up or calm us down....ohh aren't we smart mice? we can multi-task.


So of course I start laughing and all the mice look at me with eyes that say "how dare you think this is a joke.....we have to get our cheese....we have to get to the end of this dang wheel" I promptly pretended that they were all crazy and that I did no such thing as laugh at this precious ritual and continue to get to the end of my wheel. 20 minutes later, sweaty and thoroughly disgusted that I only burnt off 250 calories instead of my customary 320. I get down from my wheel, clean it off (that is what separates us from the animals - the ability to make rules to clean off your wheel when finished) and walk calmly through the vastness of the different types of machines and giggle on the way down the stairs. I am, of course, rewarded with everyone tyring to look at themselves and the people next to them to figure out what is so funny, before I disappear to go change and enter back into the real world.


Don't get me wrong. I like going to the gym, I feel tons better when I am done and I know that we have to take time out of our schedule to go and exercise because of our sit-down jobs, cars and TV....some of us just have to work harder to stay healthy. I am grateful that it is there and someone was smart enough to invent the machines that I so desperately need. I just thought a tad bit funny so had to share.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! That's me laughing at your hilarious story. That was a good one. I love the picture. Doesn't that make a story so much more realistic?:) That was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHHAHAAA!!!! Hey I have those beedly little mice eyes! HAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete