Monday, April 23, 2012

Six Months!

Can you believe its already been six months since our precious baby boy came into our family and can I tell you he totally completes us!  Here are a few things that Dean liked, no longer likes, loves and hates. :)


Hi....Aren't I cute?
 When Dean was a baby he HAD to be wrapped and it was only tight enough when it got to the point when I felt claustrophobic just looking at him. Only then could he be comfy. And when you cuddled him he had to be smashed up against you barely able to move or he would freak out.... then all of the sudden one day (veterens day weekend actually) he stopped. He wanted to be free, wanted to be able to move around while he slept and that was the end of swaddling. Now he sleeps either on his stomach with his hands above his head (well as far as those little hands can reach, which is also exactly how his daddy sleeps) or on his back with his head cocked so far back you think his neck is about to break. Its odd and cute at the same time. Also an odd thing, Dean refuses to sleep on your shoulder. Its a rare moment when he finds it ok to cuddle with me like that and I soak it up. He almost always HAS to be laying down or in a reclined position. He loves his swing for a quick snooze too. Silly boy. He's so particular in his sleeping arrangements.
This is him sleeping with his head back...how that is comfortable I will never know.
Dean has transitioned to solids. He still nurses (thank goodness) I didnt' think he would with being bottle fed during the day and then getting solids...I mean why work for it when you can get stuff so easy. but I think most of the time he thinks of it as a comfort more then nourishment. However, with learning to eat solids he's learning to chew...so he likes to try to chew on his spoons and bottle lids......and mommy. We've had differences of opinions on wither this is ok or not. ;) He LOVES his food. He's a beefer and I love it. We've had to start mixing his foods with cereal to thicken it up so he doesn't go through three jars (kid you not...he's done it before) of baby food! But he's at a healthy weight and I just hope its a sign he got his daddy's metabolism...that would be such a blessing then I wouldn't have to worry about him struggling with his weight!

He chews on his bottom lip....oh my heck its so cute!

Dean has also started sitting up on his own. He's a tad wobbly and when he gets too excited he will go strait back but he's getting very good at it. He's also started giving baby kisses. Oh my heck I LOOOOVE baby kisses. Brian thinks its so gross and Dean refuses to give him kisses cause of his prickly beard...so mommy gets all the kisses...YAY! I can't get enough of them!
Here is a list of things Dean absolutely loves:

A blue monkey rattle - seriously he loooves this thing (I can't get my video to post so will post it tomorrow so you can see just how much he loves it) it cracks him up!

Tanner - Every time tanner walks in the room Dean is glued to him and wants to squeeze his ears or poke his nose. Tanner's so good and takes it like the good doggie he is.
Love me some bath time!

Bath time - he has so much fun in the tub, he likes the water and it will often calm him down if he's having a rough day. (again, I have a video of bath time I need to post when it will let me).

His daddy - He loves his daddy. He loves sitting with him, playing with him. walking around with him. Just doing guy stuff.

His mommy - He loves me too but in a different way...He always stares at me and honestly I dont' know what he's thinking but it always gives me a warm feeling and then he smiles at me like 'thats my mommy' and I just melt!

His sisters! - He LOVES to play with them. I think he's finally figured out that there is three and not two. for the longest time he would get soo confused when Breana and Bethanie would come around together. But he's learning to tell them apart. Juliet and him have a special bond. Juliet would rather spend time with him then play in her room or watch a movie with her sisters sometimes so she spends more time with him then the twins. They like to play with him but I think find him one dimensional. :)  Juliet on the other hand can't get enough of him and he of her. He gets the biggest smile when he sees her. its so great.

Dean has a smile and a laugh that can light up the room and I'm not just being bias! He really does. His smile takes up his whole face and he laughs with his whole being. Sometimes when he gets super excited he puts his hands in his mouth while he's laughing. cracks me up.

My smile lights up the whole room!
There really isn't much Dean doesn't like. Boogie sucking and being woken up when he's in the middle of a nap or in the morning, running out of food when clearly mommy should have known he wanted to eat like a horse...other then that...he's a pretty dang good baby!

I love my little boy and I can't believe its been six months already!!!!!!! He's growing up so fast, they all are.
Ok so like I said as soon as I can get those videos uploaded I'll post them. :)
  Your going to love this last one. Dean is a flirt. He knows how to wrack in that attention.. mostly with is smiles but this next face just cracks me up!!!!
.


.



.



.



.

Hey....How you doin?

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's 6 mos already! How did that happen. Tell him to stop please, or at least slow down. :) He is the cutest guy in the world and I just love him to pieces. I still have the toughest time understanding that crazy pretzel sleeping position of his. The first time I saw him do that I thought "What the heck is he doing?? Is he going to hurt himself?? Oh, his mom is never gonna let me watch him again!" Nope. He was happy as a clam like that. His facial expresions just crack me up and make me melt at the same time. You can tell everything he's thinking in his facial expressions.... Wonder where he got that from?

    I agree too, Juliet is sooooo good with him and he just lights up when he sees her too cuz he knows she is gonna entertain him. CUTE!!!!

    Cutest monkey in the world! Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that boy. I am sitting here squeezing Abigail because I can't reach Dean Bean. You are so right. He does have a smile that lights up the room. I was looking at your wedding pictures and they felt incomplete because Dean wasn't there.

    Love, love, love him.

    ReplyDelete