Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Gifts

Well we got a lot this year. I got a new fluffy robe! I love it, its so warm and soft. Brian got a gift certificate for window tinting...I think he loved it. Its actually very hard to tell with him. :) Breana got a remote control car, a robe and pillow pet. Bethanie got a barbie house, a robe and a pillow pet and Juliet got an easy bake oven (which I may say is NOT so easy), a robe and a pillow pet (oh and a two foot porcelain doll....but that's another story)....course they got tons more stuff but I"m naming the main things they liked the most.

We went to my parents house for Christmas dinner...it was fantastic. I made truffles and pie and we opened some more gifts. I got some water glasses. YES and Brian got a little knife set from my little brother.....it was great.

But I have to say one of the greatest gift we got was last night. We attended the dedication to the brand new LDS building that was built in Sun Valley. It is literally down the street from us...I mean walking distance down the street and it is the nicest building in Sun Valley. It is beautiful!!! The talks were great, the music lovely and the dedication prayer wonderful. The building smelt new and you could feel the spirit walking the halls. We start going to that building starting next week.

President Johnson told the story of how they originally thought there should be a new church built in Spanish Springs because that is where people were moving but that is not what the Lord had in mind. So with a failing economy, barely a branch let a lone a whole ward to accommodate a church and land issues to be over come....a miracle was had and we have a brand new church to fill up.

Best quote from last nights talks. "if you build it they will come"! don't you love it!?! Its true...the building is soooo pretty its already attracting people to come in and see what we are all about.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I love that the girls all got different but the same things.

    That is so cool about your new meetinghouse! I love miracles. And I remember that the church is literally down the street! So, are you going to start walking to church then? We do, every Sunday rain or shine. Seth enjoys it because he loves being outside, but who knows with three little girls:)

    Merry Christmas, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I miss you all so much. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas... although by this blog I can see that you did :0-).... and I do love that saying. :0-) Lots and lots of hugs and loves to you and yours :0-) MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have your meetinghouse so close to your home and to be able to walk to it and to see it and its new, I hope your ward will be great and that you will have wonderful people to will the halls.

    I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas and that the girls all had a great time and I hope your new year will bring you even more happiness. Love you guys mucho

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I meant to write is fill not will the halls, ;o)

    ReplyDelete