Sunday, September 20, 2009

Breakthrough

I have always had an issue with my weight. Up and down, up and down. I would do really well and then I would gain it all back. I've never really gotten the concept of life style change instead of just dieting. So i would always revert back to my old ways and gain it back and then some.

Well I have tried very hard lately to do an actual lifestyle change lately. really trying to make conscious choices of what I am eating and I go to the gym at least four times a week.

Now here's the breakthrough. I've been an emotional eater. If I'm upset or down, happy or excited. I will eat. Is always been like that. It could be anything from a candy bar to a full fledged meal from a fast food place. But the other day I had a very emotional day...and instead of eating or wanting to eat. All I wanted to do was go jogging. I wanted to run. Can you believe that?

It hit me out of no where. I was thinking man I'm having a bad day and my mind instantly went to "I want to run" Not once did it go to "I wish I had some cake" or "I need a hamburger"....it went to I WANT TO RUN!

Insane. I was very excited about this and hope this is the beginning of a true life change and not another roller coaster. :)

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Good for you!!!!!!!!

    Unfortunately, I can't think of any time when I'm NOT saying to myself, "I need a hamburger,"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome! it's good that you are replacing a habit with a new one instead of just trying to control the one habit. i hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete