Friday, January 9, 2009

Bad healthy food?

Ever notice how you crave things that are not good for you. This includes healthy food. for instance I loooooove broccoli. You can dress it up with just about anything, you can eat it raw, steamed, baked, cooked, bbq'd...even fried (tempura), you can put it in salad, on the side or all by itself. Its the cool kid on the block, it knows how to party but still delivers the good stuff.


There is only one problem with broccoli....I can't have it, well I shouldn't have it. It gives me gnarly breath....like seriously bad stuff and it gives me the worst stomach ache. I know for a fact that when I eat broccoli of any kind I will need to bring a gas-x or something (i know TMI - but get over it! hehe)


This totally bums me out, because me wanting to be more healthy, choose to eat veggies and what is on the top of my veggie list....broccoli. If I have to eat the good stuff might as well eat the stuff I like, but it kills me.


I usually end up eating it anyway. It helps me in two ways. I get he veggie requirement and my stomach ends up hurting so bad that I don't feel like eating anything else. So I guess I could look at it as a blessing in disguise. :)


o well. I'm still ganna eat it up. Yum broccoli.

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean! I love broccoli the first time around, but I hate the taste it leaves in your mouth (including the gnarly breath) and the burps. But it makes goooooooooooooooood salad. Mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love broccoli. that's all that needs to be said.

    ReplyDelete