Thursday, May 19, 2011

cool thought!

I was watching a show the other day and usually don't pay much attention to the commercials but one caught my attention and I absolutely love this idea!

Google had a commercial where the parents set up an email account for their child, as the child grew up they would email special thoughts, letters, pictures and videos of their child and their thoughts about the child to them. So when they grew up they would have all these memories ready for them in a digital diary/baby book/photo album kind of thing. I thought it was the coolest idea ever!

With so many things digital now I have a hard time remembering to get my pictures printed and then put them in books to begin with. I think about writing my kids letters or writing down a thought or proud moment for/to them. what a better way then to put it in an account all clustered together ready for them! its compact, can be taken/accessed almost anywhere and they can have it for a life time. Kids these days are more technical now anyhow.

So this weekend...I am starting four email accounts...one for each of my lovely children and I will start emailing them periodically. So when they grow up they will know why I was such a hard nose on them and that even if though I try my hardest to show them all the time...I come up short in the 'I hope you know how much I love you' department and hope to convey that as well.


1 comment: