Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I"m like who?

Yesterday when I picked the girls up from the Boys and Girls club, Bethanie was chewing on something. So I say:

"What are you chewing on"
"Gum"
"Where did you get gum, cause you know you shouldn't have any"
"Breana"

Breana: "NO YOU DIDN'T"

Me: "Did you give gum to Bethanie"
"No"
"Did you give gum to Bethanie?"
"No"
- insert mommy look -

Juliet: "Yes you did you took it out of your mouth and gave it to Bethanie"

- insert me gagging-

Me: "Breana, both of your sisters are telling me you gave Bethanie gum...I will ask you one more time....did. you. give. gum. to. bethanie?!"
"yes"

At this point we all walk to the car. Bethanie and Juliet are ahead of us and I hang back just a tad with Breana.

"When we get home you are to fold not only your clothes but all the clothes, including Juliets and Bethanies"
"ok mommy"

We get in the car and I try not to allow the other girls to hear when one is getting in trouble but sometimes it just can't be helped. Its quiet in the car on the ride home cuase they all know one is in trouble. Then Juliet pipes up

"Its just like Cinderella"
Me: "what?"
"Its just like Cinderella and your like the evil step mom"

Of course then I had to talk to her about not getting into other people business and how I'm NOT like the evil step mom and what not (course for all I know, they probably think I am!) but goodness...isn't that just a peach. I'm officially the evil step mom cause I made one of my kids fold clothes! the horror of it all! I should be locked away and lashed with a wet noodle.

Half of me thought it very comical, the other was a tad bit stung by it. But they are children and they still tell me they love me so.....I can't be that horrid right? It will be a funny story to them one day.

3 comments:

  1. my kids tell me that i'm the evil stepmother. ain't it great?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is really funny. I think the funniest part is that it was Juliet who thought of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gawsh! Maura, I can't help myself! This made me giggle. I love how Juliet "sold" her sister out and then came to her rescue!...But I want you to know just as you had such wonderful praise for your sister, the same can be said of you. I love to visit your Family's blogs. They make me feel good, they make me cry, and they make me laugh but through all of it? The love and respect you all have for one another rocks me to my very core...and this is showing up in the younger generation as well. I am very proud of you and I love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete