Wednesday, September 15, 2010

To my dad

My daddy's birthday is today. My dad is one of the most wonderful men you will ever have the pleasure to meet.

My dad is not rich and famous, not a household name known around the world... an average man by most of the worlds standards. But to many who have the awesome privilege to know him, he's a hero. Let me tell you why my dad is my hero!

- My dad works super hard at his job. He's always putting in a 110% and very underpaid for it. But doesn't complain. Showing us that hard work is a key point of success.
- My dad works super hard at his calling. Not only as a first counselor but as a priesthood holder in his family. He's kind and gentle, always has a nice word, a smile or a firm handshake to people of his or other wards, letting them know he is there. He's always there for his family when blessings are needed/wanted or with advice to life's unending questions. Showing us how important doing the Lords work is.
- My dad is super creative. He's always come up with fun things to try out. Rocket shooting, star gazing, writing, camping, fun week, cd mobiles, wall/ceiling paintings, making fountains, landscaping, Lord of the Ring sword fights. Basically anything that my dad thinks can be fun, he researches it and does it! Showing us you are never to old to keep young and fun!
- My dad is super persistent. He's always working towards a goal. Keeping up his education and re-certifying certificates. Showing us education and continual learning is vital.
- My dad works on being healthy. He works out all the time and eats healthy. He shares this knowledge with his family and encourages us to do it at well. Showing us being healthy will make it possible to keep your mind going and fun times rolling.
- My dad is a very very loving and caring man. He (along with my beautiful wonderful mother) have nine children. Three of them adopted with FAS/FAE. He is patient and loving to all his children. Willing to give his time, attention and energy to listen, give advice or help in anyway. He works so hard and has so little time, but he will never turn you away when you ask him for a minute of his time or call or email with a dramatic (usually not that dramatic but at that point in our life it is) problem and he will stop what he is doing and help the best way he can. Showing us that we are the most important things in his life, aside from the Lord and above his work.

Basically my dad is everything every child wants and I am supremely blessed to have the awesome privilege of being his daughter.


I love you daddy! Happy birthday.

4 comments:

  1. Ditto, ditto, ditto and ditto. And don't forget he loves s'mores over the bbq and always celebrates Talk Like a Pirate Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness how can I forget those fun things!? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful homage to you Dad. Please tell him I wish him a VERy happy (albeit late) birthday!

    ReplyDelete