Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Um...Moooommyyy?

You never know what will come next when you hear the nervous little voice that comes from your child. The 'moooommmyyy?' that is both feeling you out to see how you might react to whatever situation they got themselves into and pleading for the help only a parent can give.

Last night was a classic one. We (Brian, Breana, Bethanie, Juliet and I) were sitting on the couch watching a show after dinner when I hear that fateful plea.

'yes baby' is my usual answer to it.

" I just pooped in my pants a little bit" is what came next

"um why?...." as I look at her with wide eyes...I mean the girl is 5. She should know by now when she needs to poo.

"I thought it was a fart, but it tricked me and poop came out too"

"well go to the bathroom and we'll get you cleaned up"

ok I was barely hanging on to my 'mommy' face (trying desperately not to laugh) but what she did next blew all that out of the water. She gets up off the couch and duck-butt waddle runs to the bathroom. Both Brian and I started laughing. We couldn't help it. I was still laughing when I helped her clean up...heck I'm busting up even now as I write this.

I know that this is probably not something she wants written on my blog to live forever on cyber space....but I just cant' help it. It was hilarious and I'm allowed. I'm the mom. :D

3 comments:

  1. It tricked her!!! Hahahaha, that is 1) one smart fart and 2) one funny girl! I laughed so hard my stomach hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my family we would say that she lost the "oops poops" game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, I tell you. That girl needs to go into creative writing when she gets older. She has a unique answer (outlook on life) for everything!

    ReplyDelete