Tuesday, May 13, 2008

gifts...

hello everyone,

well mothers day was just Sunday and I had a good one. Juliet made me a cute little wooden heart mounted on a spring so it sways back and forth when you move it. "oh how cute baby...this is so nice, did you color this all by yourself?" I asked with motherly pride...."no" she says very matter of factly "I painted it all by myself"....well that is even better right? :) Jason came home and that was a present enough for me. He so kindly got up with Juliet on Sunday morning and repeatedly told her to 'shhhh not so loud, mommy is sleeping'...course this statement was so lovingly yelled from the kitchen (right next to our bedroom) to her room (across the house), while running the garbage disposal because he was doing the dishes I left in the sink. Ahh....it was great!

Mom sent me a little questionnaire to fill out and I did. Mine is no where near as nice and loving as Deborah's was but what can I say... I have never had the talent for words, music and smarts as my brothers and sisters do. I have learned to live with that.... most of the time anyway. hehe.

so here it is. A few days late (but hey I run on Mormon standard time... so right on time) and hopefully still worth reading.

1. What is your funniest memory of Mom?
Rolling in the laundry. I thought we were playing a game….I was rolling the laundry she was trying to put in the washer, she was very pregnant and I was very much not paying attention to the tone. I didn’t realize I was in trouble until I got a smack on the butt and only then did I stop giggling like a mad fool and look at her face to realize…she had not been playing at all. Oops. :)

2. What lesson that she taught you stands out?
If this won’t affect you in ten years, don’t dwell on it and do now, apologize later. :)

3. What is your favorite characteristic or personality trait about Mom?
Her ability to know everything and get things done!

4. What do you see in yourself that came from her, physically or in your personality?
Hello what do I don’t? We look the same, talk the same, walk and stand the same. People always mistake us for sisters.. which is good for her….not sure how I feel about that?!?!…..need I go on?

5. If you had to describe your mom to someone, what would you say?
She is just like me, but with graying hair and smarter.

6. If you had to thank your mom for only one thing, what would it be?
For not giving up on me while still allowing me to make my own mistakes.

so there you go. :) I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and have an even better week.

1 comment:

  1. I think it was definitly still worth reading. Who cares if it isn't like mine? That's a good thing for both of us, right? It was very sweet.

    Speaking of sweet, that was nice of Jason to do the dishes and "let you sleep in."

    ReplyDelete