Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Born Seller

So, I sell this jewelry called Park Lane. It is fun fashionable jewelry that is sold at in-home parties. I love retail and if I could work in it while making a good living off of it, I would still be in it. I love doing the parties, but even more I like dressing up with the merchandise. :) Well apparently so does Juliet, she is also quite a sales gal and here is how we found out.....

I was having a party at Dinner's Ready (my parents old store) and we had a good 7-9 people there...as well as my cutie-pie daughter. Well like any girl she wanted to wear one of the 'pretties'. so, being a doting mother, I let her. She picked out one of her Granna's favorite pieces, which was a pink/purple pearl necklace with an antique look to it. She puts it on and roams through the guest and of course her being so cute, they stop their conversations to pay attention to her. She eventually got the attention of a good 3-4 people when she says "do you like my pretty?" the ladies answer with a reassuring "sure do honey, it is very nice" Juliet gives them the 'gotcha' look and very clearly states (not asks) "buy it".

So there you go. A born sales girl showing off her talent before the tender age of three. Needless to say the gals did buy some items and I did take her to a few more parties. :) and yes, she is still very interested in the jewelry, constantly getting into it and dressing up while wearing mommies favorite high heels. That is soo not me when I was that age, but I am hoping she is taking after me in some way because it would be very awkward to find out that is how Jason was as a little tike. ;~))

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That was so funny.
    You know, we really weren't girly-girls. We didn't start wearing make-up until (I daresay) college. I think we wore it a little in high school, but not much. Of course you always hated pink, and I never did my hair. Still don't actually.
    I think Juliet will make up for it for us.:)

    ReplyDelete